Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happiness is...

A Weekend of Fun....
 and Buffalo Chicken Wontons
This weekend was a blast. Friday was a quiet night at home with my boys, which was great. Always love a night when we do nothing. Saturday we ran some errands in the morning and napped to get ready for the "Prohibition's Over" party at Jill and Frank's house. We had a blast laughing, dancing, and singing late into the night. And of course drinking. Jill had a bartender making specialty drinks and boy o boy did I have quite a few! Here's two of the few pics I took. I slacked on my normal job of party photographer because I started drinking pretty early in the evening!
Of course I brought my Jalapeno Popper Dip as always requested. But I also brought a new spin on an old favorite. I made Buffalo Chicken Wontons(see below for the recipe). I wish I had gotten a picture of these but they were GONE before I could even think to take one! They were a HUGE hit.
 
This morning we went to La Campagnola with some my hubby's family for the Easter Bunny Brunch Buffet. Shout out to my sista in law Chris for finding this last year. Its a nice tradition and so fun to see the kiddies reaction to the Easter Bunny- the food is great too!
Little man had a great time and loved the Easter Bunny.
 Tonight we dyed Easter eggs with K for the first time. He didn't quite get the concept but had fun putting stickers on them after they were dyed.
What a fun weekend. I'm sad to see it come to end, Monday's are cruel-and worse yet, its supposed to snow again tomorrow. Mother nature, get your act together soon please.
 
 
Buffalo Chicken Dip Wontons
the wonton wrappers are completely optional. this dip stands well enough on its own, I just wanted to put a new spin on an old favorite.
 
-1 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I put it through the food processor for a nice even texture)
-1 stick low fat cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup light blue cheese dressing
-approx 1 cup Frank's red hot buffalo sauce (the amount used is your preference-something to remember, if you use regular cream cheese and blue cheese, you will need more buffalo sauce as the fat renders off the heat. Less fat=less sauce needed)
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-wonton wrappers (I find them in the refrigerated produce section where the tofu is)
 
The dip itself is easy. Cook your chicken, shred it up, mix all ingredients. If your serving as is, bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes(until bubbly and warmed through).
 
If you want to make the wontons, put a dollop of dip in the wonton wrapper and fold as instructed on package-really however you want, you just need to seal the pouch as best you can by moistening the edges with a small amount of water and pressing the sides together. This was time consuming and messy but well worth the effort. I used a deep fryer to make these, it took just a minute or two in the fryer. They pop to the top when they are done. If I didn't a fryer available, I would have done them in a pan with an inch or two of oil until they were golden and the dough started bubbling.

 
Hope everyone had a great weekend too!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that spin. Totally going to try that for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lori :) last time i wrote something on here it came up anonymous... anyway i have made that dip before and i love the addition of the wonton wrappers. so trying that!!! also, your blog looks awesome. love the layout of the photos! been enjoying all your posts even if i dont comment! keep it up!! :-D

    ReplyDelete