Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!

Not a whole lot of cooking going on in this house this weekend. Daydate today for the hubby and I at the Flyers game, then we had taco bell for dinner. Not exactly good for the whole trying to eat better thing but we have been dying to try the cool ranch doritos tacos. They did not disappoint! We thought they were better than the nacho cheese ones.
Easter Sunday will be spent visiting and eating with family. I made a dessert to take with us that I saw on Pinterest. There was no link just a picture but luckily it was a pretty easy idea. I made little "carrot" cupcakes.
1.Start out with a basic chocolate cupcake(I used a box mix). 2.Cut a hole in the center and set the cutouts aside. 3.Then ice them with a little bit of chocolate icing. Crumble up those cutouts and sprinkle on top for the "dirt".
4.To make the carrot, use a little food coloring in vanilla icing. 5.Top with some green icing for the stem.
FYI, a sandwich bag works great to pipe the icing!
Easy and cute dessert that I can't wait to enjoy tomorrow!
Hope everyone that celebrates has a fabulous Easter!



2 comments: