Friday, March 15, 2013

Lucky Leprechaun Swap Reveal

I signed up a few weeks ago for a book and nail polish swap through blogs that I follow. I thought it would be a fun way to make a blog friend and also let them decide the next book I was going to read. I got paired up with Amanda over at Dragonflight Dreams. She writes a great blog, check her out. The idea of the swap was to check out your partners interest and send them a book and polish that you think they'd like. Amanda did great!
Here's my polish.
Pretty nice, huh?
The book she sent was something on my wish list. I admit that I'm only a third of the way through it but I am loving every word.
This is set in 1920s Australia about a man and wife on duty for a lighthouse on a remote island. They deal with life in solitude and several miscarriages. That's a very basic synopsis. There's a great deal more to the story but I don't want to ruin it for anyone thinking of reading it! I highly recommend it!
 
This was my first swap and I will definitely sign up for more. Its so fun waiting for a package to come in the mail that's a surprise!
 
And a very Happy Birthday to my blog inspiration, Stephanie!! She writes atLife According to Steph and is hilarious. Check her out if you don't already follow her!
 
 


9 comments:

  1. This book has been on my wish list, will defiantly have to move it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dark nail polish. And I need to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love that polish color and great book she sent you. Glad you had fun swapping & thank you for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you liked both things. I loved what you sent me, too - that nail color was perfect! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great swap package!!!

    i just got that book from the library,sounds really great :)

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That polish is gorgeous and glad you got a great book!!

    Thank you for joining us for the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That books looks so interesting, I'll have to add it to my to-read list! :) Looks like you had a great swap! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That polish looks great on you! I loved that book, I was so sad at the end.

    ReplyDelete