Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Something Personal

In the interest of privacy, and because I don't have her permission to say it, I am omitting names here. Now on to my post.
 
To the beautiful woman starting treatment tomorrow,
          I wanted to take a moment and let you know how truly wonderful I think you are. In our relationship, serious words are few and far between but always right there under the surface. Its an unspoken love that we use sarcasm and laughter to express. I wouldn't have it any other way. Since I am not very good with face to face emotion, I took to the blog to let you know what I'm feeling.
        You are a shining example of what it means to be a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. You are an amazing(I know you love that word) role model and someone I look up to in every way. I am in awe of your commitment to your family and your faith. Your marriage is one that we all try to emulate on a daily basis. I love spending time with you and I feel fortunate to call you family and friend.
         Your diagnosis came as quite a shock, but in true form, you somehow made us feel better and comforted us by cracking jokes and keeping a positive attitude. Your strength and courage is a lesson to us all. I know you will get through this because you are a fierce, tenacious, brave woman. Cancer, you have met your match.
        On the night before your first chemo treatment, I have changed my blog to pink and it will remain that way in support of you until we hear the words "Cancer free". I love you so much and am here for you every step of the way. Don Pablo's 2014 <3
Love always,
Lauren
       
       
          

6 comments: