Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy national grilled cheese day!

Ok so I do think its ridiculous that there is a day for everything under the sun now. However, I'm definitely on board for grilled cheese day! Who doesn't love grilled cheese?
The Pop Shop in Collingswood, NJ has about 30 grilled cheeses on their menu and have been celebrating this whole month with a special grilled cheese every day. Today was jalapeno popper grilled cheese. Guess who was super excited and drooled on her phone when she saw the picture of that?! Yep, this girl right here..and Kenny did too. We were going to go for dinner but A) we are trying to save some money and B) if you've ever eaten in the chaos that is the Pop Shop's dining room then you understand why after a long week, I opted to try and make this at home!
Their Facebook page said it was cheddar, jack, cream cheese, jalapenos, and fritos. I used sourdough bread because its my favorite. I put a thick slice of cheddar on one side and a thick slice of colby jack on the other. Added a few slices of jalapenos, and a couple dollops of cream cheese right on top of that on one side. The trick to making this was to grill each side of the sandwich seperately for a few minutes to melt eveything. Then I threw a couple of tortilla chips in there right before I put the sides together and let it grill for just another minute or two. The cream cheese got all gooey and melty..soooo good!!
Kenny added a few slices of turkey breast on his.
What's your favorite kind of grilled cheese?


4 comments:

  1. Plain but served with tomato soups my fav!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to have this. I have been on a jalapeno tear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like i'm obsessed with jalapenos lately!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, this sounds delish. I can definitely get on board with Grilled Cheese Day. I generally like mine plain (no condiments) but if bacon is added I won't say no to that!

    ReplyDelete