Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So Many Thoughts, So Little Time

I have quite a few things I want to talk about today. I don't get to blog as often as I'd like so you get to read all of thoughts of the past week in one mish-mosh run on post today! This weekend didn't start out so great. Wednesday I came out of work to find this lovely crack in my windshield. No explanation as to how it got there.
So my hubby spent Friday afternoon at Safelite getting my windshield replaced. That night we went out to dinner with my dad, step mom Lisa, Jill, and Frank. We went to Brio in Cherry Hill. I was excited to see that they have a light menu now. Their food is great and the lighter lemon chicken was delish! I love that they have "shooters" for dessert. Little shot glass sized desserts so you can have just a taste and not feel completely horrible about it!
Saturday we hit up Target and stopped in for a visit with my mom and Jim where K ran around the yard for a while. All three of us took a long nap in the afternoon and it was great. For dinner, I made "OMG Chicken" which I found on Pinterest. The original recipe calls for Mayonnaise but there were several suggestions on Pinterest and an update note on the original post that suggests substituting Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream for a healthier version. I used low fat sour cream. I added some garlic salt for a little extra flavor. Its pretty amazing how juicy the chicken is. Definitely an easy, quick, weeknight dinner.
After K went to bed, the hubby and I watched This is 40. It was actually a longer movie than I expected but really a great story. There were some parts that were hysterical and some parts that were touching and hit close to home. I think most couples that have been married for a while can relate to some of the struggles and antics that occur.
Bonus: Some members of the Flyers show up in a club scene!
Sunday morning I finished my library book. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Its about two illusionists that are pitted against each other by their teachers and the circus is the setting for their competition. I have to admit that it took me quite a few chapters to get into it, but at some point it grabbed me and I couldn't wait to find out what happened. I thought it was an interesting read. Definitely would recommend it.
Yesterday was Earth Day and I did my part in helping out the environment! Zoya nail polish is offering a great deal through April 26 on their site. You can order their polishes for 50% off(minimum purchase of 6 bottles) by agreeing to ship back to them an equal number of bottles of other brands of polish that aren't so environmentally friendly so they can dispose of them. No brainer. I ordered 7 bottles and my coworker jumped on my order and got her own 7 and we got free shipping on top of a great deal! I can't wait for them to come in! Check out their blog post about it here.
I'm off now to try and upload the 100 or so pictures I took during our morning at the Discovery Museum with the little cousins! I'll post them soon!
 

3 comments:

  1. I've made OMG chicken, and it truly is easy and OMG. I did it with greek yogurt.

    Same on The Night Circus - it took me a while, but once I was in, I was all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not a book that I would've picked on my own but I saw it on your goodreads and a couple other people's too. I loved it once I got into it!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of dessert shooters. Seriously, unless you're having dessert for dinner (not that I've EVER done such a thing), you really just want a bite or two.

    ReplyDelete