Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

I came home from work today to find a package on my doorstep! I love coming home to boxes. I know I'm the one who ordered it in the first place but that was like a week ago so it's a totally new excitement when it's delivered. It was my lunchboxes that I had ordered from Builtny.com. They were featured on Good Morning America's Deals and Steals last Thursday and were 70% off! That's not a typo, yes, 70%! I got one for me and one for K for a total of $16.37 including shipping. They were originally $24.99 and $19.99. Can't beat that with a stick.
I love a good deal and they are so cute! Oh and did I mention that I received a nice thank you note AND a free gift just for ordering as a loyal watcher of Good Morning America? Great company that I will now order from again due to fabulous customer service!
 
So after I got over the excitement of my lunchboxes, I had to figure out what to do for dinner. I had found this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago for Chicken Stroganoff and decided today was just as good as any to give it a try. It's a very simple recipe. It called for fat free sour cream but I used low fat instead - I just can't do fat free, it doesn't taste right. Also, my chicken wasn't frozen so it only took about 4 hours in the crock pot. I served it over egg noodles, which have recently become a request by my husband. I had expected this to be a little bit heavy of a meal but it wasn't at all. A little of the sauce/chicken mixture went a long way on the noodles and it was tasty and light but still a hearty, filling dinner. It will be a repeat in our house!
 
 
Chicken Stroganoff
1 lb chicken breast
1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
16 oz low fat or fat free sour cream
1 packet onion soup mix
 
Place chicken in crock pot, mix other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for about 4 hours(longer if frozen). Shred chicken and serve over pasta of your choosing!


I do have to say though, the highlight of my day may have just been seeing a post on Facebook that NBC is confirming a reunion season of Friends in the works for 2014. My favorite show of all time! So stoked for this possibility!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment