Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Supper

I've been under the weather for a few days now. It started as severe allergy suffering and turned into a cold with my allergies exacerbating it. Yesterday we spent the day with our friends Shawn and Maggie and little Mr K was whiny and miserable all day. I think he's been feeling the effects of allergy season lately too. It all caught up with me today. I went to Target early this morning to grab a few things and then we spent the afternoon lounging around with the windows open and the boys playing with their "new" Hot Wheels track.

I actually got to take a little mommy nap this afternoon while K did too. So needless to say, I was thankful today for my Crock Pot.
Last week, after I posted about Chicken Stroganoff, my coworker told me she was going to try it. However, she didn't feel like going to the store and winged it a little by using a Ranch packet instead of onion soup like it called for. Her husband loved it. This got me thinking about wanting to try a Ranch Chicken. I found an easy recipe for Creamy Ranch Chicken over at BudgetSavyDiva.com. It called for chicken breasts, sour cream, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, shallots, garlic powder and pepper. I nixed the shallots and added shredded cheddar right before serving. This was rather easy. The sauce was a little on the thick and lumpy side so I mixed in a little milk at the end to thin it up a bit. My hubby enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn't my favorite but I'd make it again.
Back to the grind tomorrow..Mondays come so fast these days.
Up next on the blog..A twist on the classic taco Tuesday.
 


1 comment: