Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon *Daily Updates*

I've been trying to read more(as though I suddenly have more spare time!) so I signed up for this read- a-thon. I'm hoping to get a few books read this week!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I'll keep you updated on how things go!

UPDATES!!!

Books I hope to read: The Fault In Our Stars; The Hunger Games; and I'd love to say that maybe I could get to Catching Fire  and Mockingjay too but I think I'm being ambitious!!

5-13-13 today starts the book-a-thon
Book: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Pages read:  80!
#insixwords: I can not put it down!

5-14-13
 book: The Fault in Our Stars
Pages read: got another 55 read so that puts me at page 135.
#insixwords: overwhelmed by emotion, not even halfway.

5-15-13
Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Pages read: 35 for a grand total of 170
#insixwords: not as far as id like :(
As a side note, I truely wish I had more time in my day to dedicate to reading. I haven't read nearly as much as I'd have liked by this point in the week, however, I'm so glad this challenge forced me into picking a new book. I am loving this one and can't wait to find out what happens.

5-16-13
Book: The Fault In Our Stars
Pages read: 98! For a total of 268
#insixwords: there's no way to sum up how I'm feeling in just six words. I have a mere 50 pages left and wish I could just keep my eyes open to finish. I'm crying and smiling at the same time.

5-17-13
Book: THe Fault In Our Stars
Pages read: finished for a total of 311
#insixwords: absolutely overwhelmed by this amazing book. 

While I didn't read nearly as much as I originally planned during this challenge, I did finish this book in under a week which hasn't happened in a very long time. I can not say enough about how much I loved this book. Extremely well written, beautiful story about the struggle of coming to terms with mortality and love. 

5-18-13
I didn't get any time to read today. This made me feel lousy about my challenge efforts, but only one day out of the week to have not read is pretty good for me.

5-19-13
Book: The Hunger Games
Pages read: 40
#insixwords: Sucked in, looking forward to more!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm interested in this. If my books come in from the library in time, I will sign up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that this is just a personal challenge in a group setting!

      Delete
  2. Fun idea! Lauren, once you start reading the Hunger Games (assuming you get sucked in as fast as I did) you'll have no problem reading all three in a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gwen! I usually do get sucked into things like that so hoping I can do it!

      Delete
  3. Yay! Glad you're joining us! We're here to cheer you on throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I LOVED TFiOS! I hope you love it too :). Great progress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good books you have! The Fault in Our Stars! Ahhhh! Make sure you have a block of time to finish that book, because it only gets more "I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN"able! =) Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to your review on The Fault in our Stars as it's in my TBR pile too :)

    My BoB updates.

    ReplyDelete