Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco Supper, Ole!

It's Cinco De Mayo. And better yet, it's Sunday so I can actually cook a more in depth meal! Mexican fiesta? I think yes. Here I'm combining two things I love: Mexican food and stuffed peppers.
I'm making Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers. Word up. I've made these before but with a little bit of prep work, they don't come up in the rotation very often.
 
Creamy Chicken Stuffed Peppers
1-2 lb chicken breast
chicken broth
8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar jack, divided
1-3 jalapenos, finely diced(optional depending on your heat preference)
4 oz can chopped green chiles
8 oz frozen corn
1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
4 bell peppers(any color)
 
Poach the chicken in the broth(tips on how to do so here), allow to cool slightly and shred in food processor. Shredding with two forks would work as well, but the food processor gives it a nice, even texture.
Cut your bell peppers in half, remove the seeds, and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Dice your jalapenos,
and combine with shredded chicken and remaining ingredients.
Stuff the peppers and top with remaining shredded cheddar jack.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350. I prepped these earlier today and put them in the fridge until dinner time. I can't wait to bake them up and eat dinner!!!!
Now if only I had a margarita to go with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment