Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Taste of Tuesday:Homemade Mac and Beef

Recipes don't get much simpler than this one. I've seen several versions of this on Pinterest and various other sites. This is my version. It's a great dish to take to someone as well. I put it all together last week for some family and just sent it along with baking instructions. It traveled well and they said they loved it!
 
What You Need:
1 lb of ground beef
1 box (16 oz) of elbow macaroni
1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes-I like the petite style
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce)-I like the texture of crushed tomatoes
salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano-or your favorite seasonings for sauce, to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzarella
 
What To Do:
Cook you macaroni according to package directions.
Brown your beef and drain the fat.
 
Add the diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes to the beef. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and whatever other seasonings you choose. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Mix together with the cooked pasta in a large casserole dish.
 
Top with the cheddar and mozzarella.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. I will uncover after the 30 minutes and broil it for just a few minutes until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown.
There you have it! Easy, family pleasing dinner that usually ends up with leftovers for lunch the next day!
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I love simple meals and this definitely falls in that category!! I need to try this! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited about the weekly link up!

      Delete
  2. Looks so easy and SO good!! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal! So glad you linked up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited about the link up! So glad my friend told me about it!

      Delete