Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Taste of Tuesday:Ravioli Bake

With the holiday weekend, the Taste of Tuesday link up was skipped and will resume next week. I still have an easy dinner recipe for you though! I found this Ravioli Bake over at Kraft's website. The first time I made it, I found it to be a little runny so I made a few modifications to the original recipe.
 
First and foremost, I used 2 13 oz packages of frozen ravioli. Italian Village is my favorite brand.
I also used a dry packet of Zesty Italian dressing instead of liquid.
O and drain the tomatoes as much as possible!
Start by mixing the 14 oz tomato sauce, drained diced tomatoes, dressing packet, and 8 oz of beef broth together in 9x13 baking dish.
Place the raviolis in the sauce mix and coat as much as possible.
Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and top with shredded cheese. Broil for just a few minutes until cheese is bubbling and brown in spots.
YUMMMM!!!
 
Ravioli Bake
14 oz tomato sauce
8 oz beef broth
1 can(14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix
2 13 oz packages frozen raviolis
shredded cheddar and shredded mozzarella cheeses to top
 
Combine first four ingredients in 9x13 baking dish. Toss in raviolis until all are well coated. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. Remove foil, top with cheeses and broil for a few minutes until cheese starts to bubble and brown.
 
Great dish the whole family will love! I'm off now to work on my guest blog recipes for next week over at Life According to Steph. Stayed tuned for when that posts!

 



3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! I've done something similar but I'm intrigued by the beef broth and Italian dressing mix. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They give it just a enough flavor! Let me know what you think if you do try it!

      Delete